Combinate Turtle Point and Musa
What to expect
At the Turtle Research Center and Observatory of the Gulf of Naples you will enter a unique structure, where there are animals in care and where you study the sea to provide details on its composition and its health.
The visit will start from the six thematic aquariums set up in the entrance hall, surmounted by real-sized models of the great marine vertebrates, where our guides will explain to you carefully six of the eleven descriptors developed by the European Directive for the evaluation of good environmental status.
You will then learn what is meant by maintained biodiversity, what are the non-indigenous species, what are the fish populations exploited for commercial purposes, the meaning of eutrophication of human origin, the integrity of the seabed, how the waste causes damage to the environment coastal and marine.
Soon after, more aware of what is underwater, you will have a privileged access to the encounter with the sea turtles being treated in our Recovery Center.
It will be an extraordinary and exciting experience, in direct contact with an ancient animal that we consider our sentinel and ambassador.
You will leave the turtles to swim in the rehabilitation tanks to continue browsing the large touch screen of the multimedia room, looking for our old "patients" returned to the sea and equipped with a satellite GPS to track their movements.
Come and visit us, your visit will support our work in the service of Nature. Because there is no Culture if Nature is not known!
The Musa center
History, architectural elegance, archaeology, nature, rare plants, regal decorations, refined rooms and the look that plunges into the blue of the sea that frames a breathtaking view.
Visitors to the Royal Palace of Portici will be amazed: so much wonder in a single ticket?
The royal site of Portici was built before the Royal Palace of Caserta at the behest of the King of Naples Charles of Bourbon and the Queen Amalia of Saxony. The sovereign was looking for a sublime place to devote himself to hunting, his wife wanted to live happy days surrounded by nature and the landscape between Vesuvius and the Gulf. So Portici immediately conquered their hearts.
Today, thanks to the museums managed and maintained by the Musa Centre, visitors can enjoy a multidisciplinary "full immersion".
Over time, in fact, the complex of the Royal Palace of Portici became "a place of accumulation of memories of art, of historical-scientific and landscape memories" and is still today "a place of contrasts in which the archaeological soul and the scientific soul live". Since 1935 it has housed the Faculty of Agriculture of the University of Naples Federico II.
Among the things not to be missed is the small organ kept in the Palatine Chapel(*) , which was played by Mozart in 1770 on the occasion of his visit to Naples, then the capital of music.
Dulcis in fundo, keep the right time to carefully admire the Chinese Room (**), a triumph of the eighteenth-century taste for Asian decorations.
Flexible date / timeYou can change the date and time of entry within a certain limit after the ticket expires
Mobile voucherYou can validate the ticket directly from your Smartphone / Tablet, via the digital version of the e-ticket
Carefully read the directions to take advantage of this ticket.
I declare that I have read and understood the general rules of conduct for accessing and visiting the Turtle Point Research Center (Turtle Point), which can be consulted at the following link https://fondazionedohrn.it/
Special warnings Covid-19
I also declare under my responsibility:
- to have no symptoms attributable to COVID-19
- not to be subjected to the quarantine measure
- that neither I nor any of my partners have had contact with me in the last 14 days with suspected or confirmed cases of Coronavirus flu
- to be aware of the penalties provided for by art. 4 of the law decree 25th March 2020, n. 19 and subsequent amendments
- to be aware of the risk for one's own safety and for that of others and that he will therefore undertake to scrupulously follow these measures
- to be aware of the general recommendations made by the Ministry of Health to protect myself and others from Coronavirus, which can be consulted on the page http://www.salute.gov.it
- to be aware that I will be able to access the site only if autonomously equipped with a mandatory, disposable or washable mask, which allows you to cover from the chin above the nose according to paragraph 2 of article 3 of the Prime Minister's Decree of 26 April 2020 (http://www.salute.gov.it)
- that I will respect all the indications provided by the specialized staff of the Turtle Point and by the signs inside and outside the structure for interpersonal distancing and for other protective measures aimed at reducing the infection (such as for example detection of body temperature by means of a thermal scanner, regulation of staggered access, compulsory visit path and entry and exit, residence time in the structure, physical positioning, prohibition of touching surfaces inside the structure, hand sanitation through the use of dispensers on site)
- that this voucher is my personal, non-transferable
- that to avoid queues, gatherings, long waiting times, I will have to show up no more than ten minutes before the booked visit time
- which I have viewed on the website www.fondazionedohrn.it in the "Notices" section of the information relating to the reopening to the public of the Turtle Point starting from 23 July 2020
- I am also aware that if the rules given are not respected, the visit will be canceled.
How to reach usVia nuovo macello, 16 - 80055 Portici (NA)
Portici - Ercolano (Trenitalia)
Portici Via Libertà (Circumvesuviana)
Portici Bellavista (Circumvesuviana)
Our opening hours
- 09:00 - 17:00 | from Thursday to Sunday
Contact the on-line ticket office
Contact the venue
- +39 0815833641 (from monday to sunday, 9 am - 5pm)